The Australian Early Childhood College (AECC) is an approved provider for the Skills First Program. This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. We are a Non-Victorian based Training Provider that delivers to a National Enterprise. You can find out more about this initiative at the Skills First website.
Details of our Approved Qualifications are:
These qualifications are available under a range of subsidise programs from the Victorian Government including:
- Skills First non-apprenticeship/traineeship, and
- Skills First traineeship or apprenticeship
From 1 January 2018 AECC will only be offering the above courses to prospective students within the traineeship program.
(This is a general guide only, students are advised to contact us to discuss their eligibility for the various programs available, and can also check their eligibility on the Victorian Skills Gateway website. This section helps you to check your eligibility for this VIC Government subsidy):
The individual must be a Victorian Employee of G8 Education Ltd and your training needs to have been arranged by G8 Education, and is
an Australian citizen, a holder of a permanent visa, or a New Zealand citizen,
- under 20 years of age, or
- over 20 years of age and enrolling in a course that will result in 'upskilling'. This means that you must enrol in a qualification at a higher level than the highest qualification held at the time of commencing training.
There are limits to how much training you can do through Skills First:
- You can commence up to 2 commencements in a calendar year
- You can undertake a maximum of 2 courses at any one time
- You can commence a maximum of 2 commencements at each qualification level across your lifetime.
Your enrolment choice can impact on future eligibility for Government subsidised courses, please contact the main office on 02 4822 7109 to discuss what options are available to you.
AECC does not charge tuition fees for eligible students subsidised through the Skills First Program.
Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer
Students may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer. For more information on how to apply for this please see our Recogntion of Prior Learning and Credit Transfers page or contact us.