Our code of practice and training and assessment programs are designed for, students who are currently working in the field in which they intend to train. Therefore all our students are working in Nationally Regulated Children's Services, If you do not currently work in a Service and you would like to complete a qualification, it is important to contact us to discuss if our programs are right for you.
Choosing your preferred Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is an important process. This RTO will support and guide you through your chosen qualification. Fair Trading NSW has published on their website some recommendations for potential students to undertake before choosing their RTO. We recommend all students to go through these recommendations before they decide they are ready to enrol. Please read these recommendations here.
When you are ready to enrol in a National Qualification, then we need to confirm that you have completed the following pre-enrolment steps first;
- Have you discussed the qualification you wish to complete with staff in the Australian Early Childhood College Office?
- Do you meet the eligibility requirements for this qualification when enrolling with the Australian Early Childhood College?
- Are you aware of your commitment requirements?
- Have your read the course outline for the qualification you are enrolling in?
- Have you completed any pre-enrolment tasks?
- Have you been made aware of all the costs?
- Do you have the support of your employer?
- Do you need to complete any contract paperwork, for example, will this enrolment be linked to a Traineeship?
- Do you hold or need to obtain a current Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
- If you are enrolling in a Government Funded Program (such as a traineeship) read carefully the information around that States requirements on the appropriate pages of this website.
When you are fully informed, we will then ask you to fill in an enrolment form and ask you to read through our Policies and Student Handbook - Children's Services version.
You will then be provided with course materials and a training and assessment plan will be negotiated. During this process you will also be given an opportunity to apply for and receive Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer.